Sunday, November 14, 2010

The correction has most likely come, but it is time to buy

Given the massive sell off in equity markets, one can't help but conclude that the inevitable correction has finally arrived. But fear not, as I think this creates another good opportunity to load up on stocks. Prior to this correction, I have sold various positions in SembMar, NOL and Noble. For various reasons, I am still holding on to gold, BOA and SOHO. I have done an analysis on my performance, and found that there is much to improve upon. Of the counters I sold, I managed to garner the following "batting average", or percentage of the move.

NOL 38% for 7% gain
SembMar 33% for 12% gain
NOBLE 65% for 19% gain

Verdict: I sold too early.
AFI: Need to develop more nerves of steel in order to maximise returns from current bull market. Remember, before I know it, the bull market may be over, so make the hay while sun still shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment