Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Dow has moved up 5%, and my gold mining stock has not moved...

The DowJones Index has made a stunning reversal from lows, and moved up 5% last week. All this while, my gold mining stock, Zhaojin remained stagnant. Now, I am worried.

Till now, I am a believer that gold prices is on an uptrend, but the place to be should be in gold mining stocks. But what could lead to a reversal of the uptrend in gold prices? If the economy improves in 2H 2011, which is a likely scenario. In this instance, then gold may not be such a great investment.

Will I be getting out of gold mining stocks then? The experts say no, but my gut instinct tells me to get out. The price action of gold and gold mining stocks of late have been worrying. I will be finding a sweet spot to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment