Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why SGX and Noble are my stand out candidates this year

SGX and Noble are my stand-out candidates on the local bourse this year to deliver splendid returns.

SGX:
Fengshui: Metal, Supposedly Great Year

Pros: Soaring trading Volumes, quantitative easing causing flood of $ from US, revival of new listings, synergy with potential merger with ASX

Cons: Return of risk-aversion in financial markets caused by fresh economic crisis (i think not likely), high costs in acquiring ASX.

Technicals: Oversold now, but I expect it to reclaim 50-day MA soon. Screaming buy. SGX historical high is $17. It is trading at $8+ now. Lots of room to run.


Noble:
Fengshui: Metal, Supposedly Great Year

Pros: Consumption of commodities no signs of slowing down, beneficiary of inflation, upstream acqusitions to start contributing to bottomline

Cons: Price already very high.

Technicals: Oversold, but bearish engulfing on weekly chart, signalling more downside. Result expected on 28 Feb. Looks like I will have to scale in on this one slowly. But this is definitely one of my favourite counters in 2010, giving me steady gains.

No comments:

Post a Comment