Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Genting Results soon, but I will give this one a miss

From OCBC Research:


Genting Singapore intends to announce its FY10 results on 22 Feb 2011 after the market closes.
We are expecting them to post a full-year revenue of S$2830.6m and a core net profit(excluding exceptionals) of S$886.1m
We have a BUY rating and S$2.53 fair value on the stock.

Nonetheless, I intend to give this one a miss. Although Genting is still on an uptrend, with many analysts rooting for it, personally I feel that its best days are behind it. In fact, given such high expectations, any disappointment with its results will just render it another Las Vegas Sands, which dropped 8.5% recently, on below expected earnings. I am more inclined to bet on Sands China, since I am a believer that Shanghai market is going to rally soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment