Sunday, April 6, 2014

My dogged performance in 2014 and the way forward

It has been a slow and frustrating 2014....

I was short Twitter, it rose, hit my adjusted stoploss, and fell back again.... I should have been in profits...

I was short Symantec and i took profit 2 days before the price crashed 10%...

I was short Krispy Kreme and the price rose to hit my stop loss, which I forgot to raise.... I managed to put back my postion but it had gapped down.

I was short STI, it fell back slightly, and now rose back up to way above my short price and its 200-d MA (a bullish sign)... I think this one will reverse to upside soon.. I will be adding more positions on its way up and then, when it corrects (inevitably), I will get out...

Moral of story: Need to hold on to my convictions. If I think a stock is going to fall, do not adjust stop loss nor take profit too early. Always check that I have entered buy/sell prices correctly. And, always have guts to put in more positions even as stock prices going against me.
I am usually right in the stock market, just need to hold my nerves.




No comments:

Post a Comment