Monday, February 3, 2014

Should I short now?

Marc Faber has said that the stock have made a high, and stocks are overvalued. I am finally a buyer of his theory.

For the past 5 years, I did not heed his doomsday advice as I felt they were made too early. As such, I
am a buyer on every dip in the stock market. This year, I am bearish on the stock market. The reasons have been discussed before (Fed tapering, overvalued stocks, etc...) 

Unfortunately, I did not make money from shorting Twiiter as its price has not changed much. I have got out of it, and will be looking at other stocks/ indices to short.

Between US, HK and Singapore stocks, I think Singapore and HK are better shorting targets as they have been the weakest. However, now that they have been so oversold, I will be looking to short only once they have made a temporary recovery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment