Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My own take on investing my money now

I am basically of the belief that this is not exactly the best time to invest in the local stock market. The STI has surged 100% from March 2009, but has only corrected about 12.8% from the top. I am expecting more to come. China is a totally different story. It made a bottom in Oct 2008 and peaked last July. It has since corrected
25%. The charts of Shanghai Index paints an increasingly attractive picture. It is currently sitting on the 50% Fibo retracement from peak to trough. Monthly and weekly stochastics are oversold. But I will not be staking everything on this one. Probably, divide my purchase into 2 or 3 parts.

Shares to look at

Financial
China Construction Bank
China Life Insurance
Industrial & Commercial Bank

Energy
China Shenhua Energy
CNOOC
Fushan
Petrochina

Resources
South Gobi
Yanzhou

Industrials
Denway

Property
Evergrande
Henderson
Hopson
Shimao
SOHO

No comments:

Post a Comment